Re: Emacs as word processor / Text Properties

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Emacs as word processor / Text Properties
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 12:20:26 +0530

"T.V. Raman" <address@hidden> writes:

> All that said, *every* known WYSWYG word-processor also degrades to
> using a dump of its internal data structures as its file format.

Dis-regarding Org-mode, is like dis-regarding elephant in the room.

The proposed word-processing mode MAY or MUST save to or import from
Org-mode format.  (Org-mode is indeed a storage format)

LibreOffice has a configuration option whereby one can configure the
default format for saving.

In an Ideal World, I should be able to edit in Word-processing mode but
save it in Org-mode.  What this means that "Text markup" like *, / etc
and directives like "#+BEGIN_" etc are implicitly specified (and hence
hidden from the user) and honored on read-in and write-out.