Re: New msys-to-w32 breaks using %emacs_dir%, @VER@ in locallisppath

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: New msys-to-w32 breaks using %emacs_dir%, @VER@ in locallisppath
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 16:47:25 +0100

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Dani Moncayo <address@hidden> wrote:

> The below patch fixes this problem.

Thanks, it works and I've committed it, though I still think there's a
deeper issue. Why should msys-to-w32 worry about directories in
the load path outside the standard ones? We already discussed this a
few months ago, and came to the conclusion that non-standard
directories are the user's responsibility. The fact that I pass
--enable-locallisppath=C:/mydir to configure does NOT mean that
C:/mydir should exist at build time. Why should msys-to-w32 complain
about it?

> (the change to 'Makefile.in' fixes a related bug reported yesterday)

This was already fixed in the trunk.