Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r115470: eww: exit and close actions

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r115470: eww: exit and close actions
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:41:40 +0900

Ted Zlatanov writes:
 > On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 17:30:06 -0500 Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:
 >
 > GM> Ted Zlatanov wrote:
 > >> I don't want to brute-force it as a reverse patch.

 > I'm used to the Git workflow, where "git revert" will DTRT for this

"git revert" or "git reset"?  "git revert" *exactly* applies a reverse
patch, and can be used to precisely reverse the effect of any earlier
change in one operation (assuming no conflicts).  "git reset" OTOH
leaves no trace of the earlier patch -- or any changes since then, so
you need to reapply ("rebase") them.

Only Darcs allows you to literally "obliterate" any existing patch in
one operation (I forget whether the result is a conflicted repo or if
you need to resolve the conflicts immediately or the operation aborts
as in other VCSes).