Re: I can't commit a simple change

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: I can't commit a simple change
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 21:10:03 +0100

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Deal with the conflict and you will find that literally nothing has
> changed about building Emacs from bzr in any meaningful way.

Omitting these directories and files from the VC is obviously a good
thing, but would it be possible to include some kind of tooling during
the build process that would just blow these apparent "conflicts" away?

It may be a non-trivial thing to do ("if you've 'bzr update'-ed past
revision 322522, then 'rm -r info'" as the first thing in the build
process), but if this were possible, all these recurring queries in this
area would go away.

And it would be really helpful for us less than regular committers.  It
feels like every time I'm committing something after not having done
anything for a few weeks, I have to spend five minutes rm-ing stuff and
hoping that I'm not ruining anything the next commit.