Re: Feature freeze

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Feature freeze
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 13:34:33 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> No, but I encourage everyone to tag as "important" any bug that they
> think should be fixed.  Of course, that should be someone else's bug.
> If you think your own bug-report is important, send me an email.

That will work fine if the bug is related to Emacs only. When it is
assigned to several packages in parallel, like Emacs and Gnus, it is not
obvious whether it must be fixed in the next Emacs release or the next
Gnus release.

But let's start with this. Conflicts in intended release versionss the
bug shall be fixed could be solved when they happen. With the debbugs
package from GNU ELPA, we get the list of bugs:

(debbugs-gnu '("serious" "important") '("emacs") nil t)

Admittedly, the last one has been submitted by me. Maybe somebody else
could check, whether the severity is proper. It is a security flaw, so I
believe it shall be fixed soon.

If one prefers the bug list as TODO items of org-mode, one could apply

(debbugs-org '("serious" "important") '("emacs") nil)

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.