Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 12:29:49 -0500

David Engster <address@hidden>:
> I predict there won't be a significant increase in new
> contributions. The real hurdles to participate in Emacs development lie
> elsewhere.

It's not "or", but "and".

The fact that there are other reasons contribution is difficult (and yes, I
have a fairly long list in mind) does not mean that the friction losses
inflicted by bzr are acceptable.

We have direct testimony in this thread from two people who wanted to
contribute but found bzr a crash landing.