Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 02:54:52 +0900

Eric S. Raymond writes:

 > I don't understand loving bzr; my experiences with it have been
 > unpleasant.

If you use basically centralized workflows (and Emacs's *is* basically
centralized -- that's why people bitch so much about feature freeze,
for example), bzr has a lot of optimizations for that.

 > Mind you, I think opposing git adoption is like trying to stop the
 > tide from coming in, at this point (and have my own mixed feelings
 > about that).

You got that right.  I don't have any mixed feelings about it, though;
Bazaar does its best to prevent me from working the way I think, while
Mercurial got its colocated branching wrong, although the mq extension
makes up for that to a great extent.