Re: Apologia for bzr

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Apologia for bzr
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 14:17:25 -0600

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> I guess I really meant "If they switch to having a common branch history
>> with core Emacs, then merging and change porting gets a lot easier,
>
>As you know, there is no VCS tool out there that can actually handle
>such a thing.  Two-way syncs between different branches is still an
>open problem.

?  No, I meant what I said, but it's possible I said it too compactly.
(If you want, I can explain in more detail off-list, but I won't go into
it more here as it's tangential to our immediate concerns -- i.e., feel
free to drop it, as I think it's an academic point given the accumulated
history of those projects on their own branches :-) ).

­K