Re: Apologia for bzr

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Apologia for bzr
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 17:54:16 -0500

> On the other hand, I’ve showed emacs to a very large number of new college
> students over the years, both programmers and non.  The keybindings are
> confusing to many people. People who accidentally split-window are very
> confused.  Nobody was ever confused by the location of the modeline, and it’s
> normal for common apps like web browsers to have a “Status Bar” down there.

That corresponds to my experience.  The main sources of trouble, AFAICT are:
- window management:
  - how to get rid of a window (e.g. when *Help* introduced a split).
  - how to get back to a buffer that was somehow buried.
- keybindings like C-a, C-x, C-c, C-v
- naming (things like windows, frames, kill, yank).

        Stefan