Re: Apologia for bzr

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Apologia for bzr
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 09:27:56 +0100

() Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
() Tue, 7 Jan 2014 01:02:53 +0100

   There are trade offs, but it is bad logic to say it is a bad idea
   just because of that of course.

The idea may or may not be bad, but what's that have to do w/ reality?

I think the consequence would be a rapid influx of new users, keen to
experience the Emacs phenomenon, who just as rapidly leave, disgusted,
when all the net.wisdom is largely for the "old (crufty, not the groovy
spectacle i was promised, this sucks, where's my refund)" Emacs.

If they do manage to stick around, OTOH, they will need to join the rest
of us in contemplating, working around, justifying, and (in the end)
condemning the "wanton bifurcation" to their non-Emacs-using and (what's
worse) Emacs-using non-programmer friends.

All archived (thanks NSA), and now net.wisdom is net.dissipation.  Ugh.

On the third hand, who [hn]eeds commentary/code more than 3 solar cycles
past, right?  The sages of Pompeii, they [dl]ie like fools.  Carry on!

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502