Re: enable MELPA & Marmalade by defaul [was: mykie.el]

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: enable MELPA & Marmalade by defaul [was: mykie.el]
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 19:15:56 +0100

Tassilo Horn writes:
> Is that true?  I have MELPA enabled, and for packages that appear both
> in GNU ELPA and MELPA, I get for example
>
>   diff-hl            1.5.1        available  gnu        Highlight uncommitted
> changes
>   diff-hl            20131114.53  available  melpa      Highlight uncommitted
> changes
>
> so that I can decide to either use the stable release or the bleeding
> edge version.

Yes, but once you have installed the 1.5.1 version, the information
which package archive you installed it from is gone and the next update
from package manager will switch you to melpa because it has a higher
version.  I've just tested it again with an Emacs from trunk a few days
old.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: