Re: rst-mode deprecated keybindings: okay to remove? During freeze?

From: Stefan Merten
Subject: Re: rst-mode deprecated keybindings: okay to remove? During freeze?
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 13:09:25 +0100

Hi Daniel!

2 days ago Stefan Merten wrote:
> 2 days ago Daniel Colascione wrote:
>>>
>>> Please keep them once more. But you are right: They should be removed
>>> at some point.

>>> Thanks for the patch. But I think it's better to remove them in the
>>> next release.
>>>
>>> I'll do this.
>>
>> Wait, I'm confused --- are you removing the deprecated bindings for
>> 24.4 or not?
>
> Sorry for being unclear: I meant in the next release (> 24.4) - not
> now. I'm too busy with other things at the moment. At the same time
> there are bigger changes in the whole code which are still brewing
> though.
>
>> If we're keeping them for this release, we should at
>> least apply my patch so that C-h m is less confusing for users.
>
> That may be a good move - though I doubt that anyone has a problem
> with that. Please do the patch. I'll look at it later.

I now checked your patch. In general I like your patch.

However, at this time I refuse using `lexical-let' in `rst.el' for
backward compatibility. If your patch works without `lexical-let' then
go ahead. Otherwise please do not commit the patch to the Emacs main
line.

PS: The Emacs development seems to be moving to GIT. For me this would
    be yet another VCS I need to learn (sigh). When this happens I
    might be unable to use the Emacs VCS for some time.

                                                Grüße

                                                Stefan