Re: Trunk does not, compile: Missing: ../.bzr/checkout/dirstate

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Trunk does not, compile: Missing: ../.bzr/checkout/dirstate
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 20:25:09 +0200

> Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 13:15:49 -0500
> From: "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Jan Djärv <address@hidden>:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Fresh trunk, run configure, make:
> >
> > make[1]: *** No rule to make target
> > `../quickfixes/../.bzr/checkout/dirstate', needed by
> > `../../quickfixes/src/../lisp/loaddefs.el'.  Stop.
> >
> >     Jan D.
>
> That's interesting.  Build is not broken for me here

Nor for me.  I test my changes too, you know.

What I broke is the case where the build directory is below the
top-level source directory.  Now fixed.

> but this is clearly Eli's fix going ker-sproing.

Yep, guilty as charged.

> Which I think is rather funny, considering that persions who shall
> remain unnamed are still claiming (incorrectly) that my deletion of
> the broken code made things worse.

I now claim that the original code was not broken at all (and have
restored it completely, erasing my small change that broke Jan's
build).  It "works for me", in the sense that the autoloads target is
invoked when Lisp files change.  Please consider explaining why you
think that code is broken.