Re: VCSWITNESS = fail ** 2

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: VCSWITNESS = fail ** 2
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 21:02:59 +0100

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>> Please read the previous two paragraphs together.  You ridicule Eli for
>> not managing to fix your breakage in the first try, and then state that
>> you yourself have no idea what caused it.
>
> !!! I wasn't ridiculing Eli, I was implicitly poking fun at myself.

You take yourself more important than others if you consider
_implicitly_ poking fun at yourself an adequate justification for
_explicitly_ poking fun at somebody else.  In particular if you keep the
former to yourself.

> As for the rest of your response, I'll pass over it in polite silence.
> But your chances of successfully influencing my future behavior just
> decreased.

I did not consider them high to start with, but would have considered it
inappropriate to leave Eli to deal on his own with what amounts to
friendly, self-deprecating bullying.  The choice of communication
standards involves two parties.

--
David Kastrup