Re: delay archive for "important" bugs

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: delay archive for "important" bugs
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 21:39:01 +0100

() Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
() Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:30:52 +0100

   > The bug tracker moves a bug to "archive" state after a month
   > (according to the blurb on the homepage).

   That happens only for closed bugs.

Really?  Earlier today, 15344 was not "closed" AFAICT but anyway, i had
to "unarchive" it to be able to continue its thread (via bug-gnu-emacs).
(A previous mail went to /dev/null.)

Perhaps this is a PEBKAC situation -- i wouldn't be surprised...

   > Is it possible to customize this for Emacs to delay the move (to say,
   > three months) for "important" bugs?

   Why?

If a bug is "important", i think it should be visible longer on the
default "browse" link, reproduced here:

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=emacs;max-bugs=100;base-order=1;bug-rev=1

(from <http://debbugs.gnu.org/Emacs.html>).  I understand that this is
just a question of presentation; i need to play w/ the form...

Hmm, after playing a bit, i think the timeout value has nothing to do w/
whether or not the bug shows up on the default page, but rather the
‘max-bugs’ parameter, plus the particular mix of current bugs...

OK, never mind.  Sorry for the misplaced angst.

   You could always access the archived bugs as well: [debbugs-gnu]

Cool.  I like debbugs-org, too.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502