Re: eww

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: eww
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 23:18:27 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Try this:
>
>   (define-alternatives web)
>   (setq web-alternatives '(("eww" . eww)))
>   M-x web RET TAB RET
>
> Does not work without the attached patch.

I fixed the bug about using funcall where call-interactively is
needed.

> I think it's safe to recommend `define-alternatives' for commands
> only, not for function, and the docstring suggests this too.  If so,
> I'll apply the patch.
>
> Two other problems:
>
> 1) when there is only one "alternative", the user is asked which
>    one he wants.  I think COMMAND should use the alternative without
>    asking, and tell the user how to add other alternatives through
>    COMMAND-alternatives for 2 secs the first time the alternative is
>    chosen.

I enhanced the macro like this: when the choice is made for the first
time, the user gets a message telling him about C-u M-x web RET

> 2) Once an alternative is chosen, setting COMMAND-alternatives will
>    not take any effect, and I don't see a way to cancel the first
>    choice.

This is solved by C-u M-x web RET.

Maybe it would be nice to chose an alternative temporarily
(with C-u C-u M-x web RET) but let's wait after the release
and... when this macro will be used for the first time.

--
 Bastien