Re: Emacs terminology (not again!?)

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Emacs terminology (not again!?)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 19:10:54 +0000 (UTC)

Sven Axelsson <sven.axelsson <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Cursor movement - I see in the documentation and all over the
> Internet stated that you should use the default movement
> shortcuts because they are much more efficient than the arrow
> key bindings. Do people really find this true?

I'm a longtime emacs users (>15 years) and I don't use those
keys. I use the arrow keys. Use what you find comfortable.

As far as I'm concerned most of the default bindings are
uncomfortable (C-f, C-n, C-n, C-p etc.) and I don't use them.

Create your own Emacs experience. The great thing with emacs is
that you can do that. There is no single optimal way which fits
everybody.