Re: Eldoc mode in eval-minibuffer

From: Leo Liu
Subject: Re: Eldoc mode in eval-minibuffer
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 09:23:33 +0800

On 2014-01-21 01:48 +0800, Thierry Volpiatto wrote:
> BTW This default eldoc in minibuffer is not working properly,
> type e.g "(defun"
> The defun eldoc string is displayed, ok.
> Type <backspace> <backspace>
> you have now "(def"
> in minibuffer but the eldoc string of defun is still present in
> minibuffer, you should have now the default mode-line.
> This bug is fixed in eldoc-eval.el.
>
> And yes this default eldoc in minibuffer is difficult to enable/disable.
> IMO you should have a mode instead to turn this on or off.
>
> See https://github.com/thierryvolpiatto/eldoc-eval

I am not sure what you mean. eldoc should work fine in eval-expression
or more generally in the minibuffer for example I am using it with
erlang eval every day in the past month. If not we should fix it.

Some time ago you posted eldoc-eval and Stefan requested to merge it
with eldoc. None happened. So I picked it up and added this to eldoc.el.
The intention is to make eldoc-eval obsolete.

Leo