Re: Is intellisense features integration in Emacs technically possible?

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Is intellisense features integration in Emacs technically possible?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 20:24:34 +0000 (UTC)

David Engster <deng <at> randomsample.de> writes:

> For Java? Never, unless someone seriously starts working on it. However,
> your statement that it is futile in the first place will surely not
> attract anybody, so please don't make such claims.

My point was that much more can be gained with much less work by
working on interface packages than natively reimplementing these
features.

For example, a polished Eclim package besides providing an
excellent Java support would also provide an excellent way for
developers working with Eclipse to try Emacs, because they could
use the exact same working environment. They could instantly use
Emacs with their projects without any extra setup, so it would be
very easy for them to give Emacs a try.