Re: [elpa] 01/02: update to Ada mode version 5.0.1

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [elpa] 01/02: update to Ada mode version 5.0.1
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 09:09:32 -0600

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>     new Ada mode keybinding: C-c ; comment-dwim
>
> Why?  It's already available globally on M-; since Emacs-21 or so!

For compatibility with Ada mode 4.0.1, which had a similar binding; this
was specifically requested by an alpha-tester.

I did forget that M-; was not my local binding.

We could have dropped the Ada mode C-c ; binding at any time in the last
decade, but I only learned about comment-dwim recently.

Is there some style guideline for issues like this?

Is there a way to mark a key binding obsolete/deprecated?

--
-- Stephe