Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r116379: Replace "Maintainer: FSF" with the emac

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r116379: Replace "Maintainer: FSF" with the emacs-devel mailing address
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:23:19 -0500

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> For files included in Emacs, then I don't see a need to include extra
> references to address@hidden (just like we don't have such in the
> C files).

Fine, let's bikeshed this to death.
"address@hidden" is obviously (to me) better than "FSF".
If you've got something better than "emacs-devel", feel free.

> For files in ELPA, address@hidden isn't right either: the
> maintainer address is where the commit-script sends a copy of the diff,
> and I don't think we don't want to send those to address@hidden

Then the commit script (which is currently broken anyway, according to
http://debbugs.gnu.org/16435) should special-case emacs-devel and ignore
it.

Ironically, the forward-diffs script itself, which I wrote and have
abandoned because of git, is the only thing in elpa that uses such a
Maintainer heading, so it's a non-problem AFAICS.