Re: A DOS box starting Emacs (w32)

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: A DOS box starting Emacs (w32)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 08:37:15 +0100

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:46 AM, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:53 PM, Angelo Graziosi
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> But if I add Emacs to the applications bar (mouse-3 on the Emacs icon and
>> then click on "Add this application to the applications bar"), and then I
>> start Emacs from that bar, a DOS box opens behind the Emacs frame.
>
> Modify the shortcut so it runs runemacs.exe, not emacs.exe.

If it was possible, it'd be nice if we could get rid of
"runemacs.exe", and always use "emacs.exe" like on the rest of
platforms.

AFAIK, what "runemacs.exe" does is to asynchronously invoke
"emacs.exe" and then close/kill the CMD window.  Wouldn't it be
possible to achieve the same behavior from "emacs.exe"?

--
Dani Moncayo