Re: Policty question - encoding to use in git repository?

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: Policty question - encoding to use in git repository?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:30:01 -0500

Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 4:29 PM, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I have seen two, c-cedilla and something I can't
> > identify that renders as a backtick.  There may be more.  I can fix
> > them up.
>
> Can you please show examples of these?

Yes.  Excuse the odd formatting, I have processed the ChangeLogs into
a big Python initializer so I can write code to mine them for the
deletion points of attic files.

In the first one, the accent acute before [delete] (I confused it with the
later backtick before).  Probably this should just be edited to an ASCII
backtick.

In the second one, the c-cedilla in Franc,ois Pinard's name.

There be others; I have not yet checked all Changelogs for these, though
I will do so now.

("2000-07-07T14:15:address@hidden",
"lisp/ChangeLog",
"refs/tags/emacs-pretest-21.0.90",
r"""\
2000-07-07  Gerd Moellmann  <address@hidden>

        * bindings.el: Bind ´[delete]' to delete-char.

        * dired.el (dired-find-alternate-file): New function.
        (dired-mode-map): Bind `a' to dired-find-alternate-file.
        (toplevel): Require dired-aux when compiling.
        (dired-buffers): Move defvar within file to avoid compiler warning.

        * info.el (Info-last-search): Variable removed.
        (Info-search-history): New variable.
        (Info-search): New Info-search-history.

        * battery.el, info-look.el: Change author's mail address.

"""),

("2000-08-28T20:35:address@hidden",
"lisp/ChangeLog",
"refs/tags/emacs-pretest-21.0.90",
r"""\
2000-08-28  Peter Breton  <address@hidden>

        * locate.el (locate): Cleaned up locate command's interactive prompting
        Thanks to François_Pinard <address@hidden> for suggestions.

        * filecache.el (file-cache-case-fold-search): New variable
        (file-cache-assoc-function): New variable
        (file-cache-minibuffer-complete): Use file-cache-assoc-function.
        Use file-cache-case-fold-search variable
        (file-cache-add-file): Use file-cache-assoc-function
        (file-cache-delete-file): likewise
        (file-cache-directory-name): likewise
        (file-cache-debug-read-from-minibuffer): likewise

"""),