Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 10:00:25 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> There are a few other minor problems for me. For example, my last foray
>> in adding a patch to Emacs was so scary regarding the amount of red
>> tape involved in the whole process that I am somewhat reluctant to
>> commit to doing that regularly.
>
> What red tape?  Emacs is about the most red-tape-less project as you
> can find, as far as the procedure of admitting a patch is considered.

This is an interesting difference of opinion and is probably worth
exploring; it's worth knowing what the difficulties where.

It might also be writing this up -- is there a description anywhere of
"how to submit a change to Emacs", and should it not be in the elisp
manual?

Incidentally, I say "change" and not "patch". Submitting a change these
days generally means "clone, branch, pull request".

Phil