Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 17:01:22 +0530

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> "dialects"

I find the way you construct your sentences - the way the words are
stringed together - is a bit "atypical".  Not wrong.  But atypical.
(Instead of "atypical" I could have used "original". But I have some
serious reservations).

Mr. Turnbull is a keen observer.  He did well by shifting his attention
away from moot points to the specific words and sentences used to
support it.

> causations

Let there be no doubt.  Your use of causation threw me off as well.

The Trail leading to a Mountain doesn't cause the Mountain.

Water or Nutrients don't cause a Tree.

Instead of saying "Causation", I would have really liked to see you
articulate your position as:

1. We want a trail here.
2. We don't want a trail here.
3. We don't want to fill their water tanks.
4. Our water first goes to our taps before it hits the neighbour's.

Essentially you are not talking of causation per-se, but conditions that
favor or hinder a particular result.  If you want another word, I would
suggest something along the lines of "catalyst".

1. This work will catalyze our effort.
2. This work will catalyze their effort.

You get the idea.