Re: url-encode-url: do not add a trailing slash for "bare" URLs (with no

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: url-encode-url: do not add a trailing slash for "bare" URLs (with no file/directory)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 09:12:29 -0400

> OKay, but the patch does not really change the output of
> (url-encode-url "http://www.gnu.org#";), except the for trailing slash.

But it changes the output of (url-encode-url "http://www.gnu.org/#foo";),
doesn't it.  And it changes it from one that works with curl to one that
doesn't work with curl, right?

I personally find http://www.gnu.org more weird than http://www.gnu.org/

> Stefan, let me know if you're fine with the patch and if I can commit
> this in trunk or on some other branch.

I think we're better off leaving this as it is, since the two forms are
just as valid, and the current form seems to be marginally safer.

        Stefan