Re: Trunk still not open

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Trunk still not open
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 16:31:18 +0530

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

>> What one can do is, write out the documentation in Org and use the
>> Org->TexInfo exporter to create the initial draft.  Just enable texinfo
>> in the `org-export-backends' and export the usual way.

> But it's just like Scribe?

Only when one starts using Org->TexInfo will one know how good or
complete a job it does.  My intention was to throw a fancy word like
"ox-texinfo.el" and encourage people to try it out and report bugs.
That is all.

    (info "(org) Other built-in back-ends")

Btw, you seem to be referring to

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texinfo#History_and_status
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scribe_%28markup_language%29

| Scribe is a markup language and word processing system which pioneered
| the use of descriptive markup.[1][2] Scribe was revolutionary when it
| was proposed, because it involved for the first time a clean
| separation of presentation and content.[3][4]

Looks it has a "chequered" history.