Re: [elpa] 02/04: company-clang: handle multibyte chars between bol and

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [elpa] 02/04: company-clang: handle multibyte chars between bol and point
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 05:58:40 +0200

> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 04:56:02 +0200

> Alas, this doesn't work. If I set the file's encoding to UTF-16, the
> current code works (with Clang 3.4), whereas using the approach above,
> doesn't.

Please tell the details: what does "don't work" mean?

> So looks like Clang uses some other encoding than that the file is saved
> to disk with.
>
> Probably UTF-8 or similar, which isn't far from utf-8-emacs.

The question is not what Clang uses, the question is how does it
expect the offsets to be supplied for files encoded in different
encodings.  That is something that should be described in the Clang
manuals.  I assumed that it needs offsets in bytes, but that
assumption was not based on anything except looking at your code.