Re: Vector graphics overlays

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Vector graphics overlays
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 15:42:26 +0100

Elias Mårtenson <address@hidden> writes:

> On 22 March 2014 15:53, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     The question you should ask yourself is whether not showing the
>     image
>     will fatally hamper whatever features you want to build on top of
>     that. If it will (I don't think so), then perhaps some ASCII art
>     replacement for the image is in order. If not, then this feature
>     will
>     simply be unavailable on text terminals.
>

> So are you saying that if this feature in built, there would be no
> principal objections to including it in Emacs?

I'm not sure what you want do achieve, but perhaps the Xwidget branch
can be of interest. In the branch its possible to embedd a webkit
browser in an emacs window, similar to an image. So, you could show svg
graphics in the webkit component.

There is also initial support to manage the DOM inside the component
from Elisp.

I also had some proof of concept support for other graphical
containers, such as a Clutter view.

--
Joakim Verona