Re: new faces

From: Dov Grobgeld
Subject: Re: new faces
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 12:25:44 +0200

Sorry, unfortunately it doesn't work. According to the `what-face` routine from:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1242352/get-font-face-under-cursor-in-emacs

there are "no faces" under the "flowing text" of org-mode. Similarly if I in python mode write:

import Something

put the cursor at Something, and run what-face, I also get "no faces". So using variable pitch in the org-mode text causes variable pitch in embedded python code as well.

Regards,
Dov

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:
Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> I would love to see a "full coverage" of faces in programming language
> modes. I.e. to be able to overload the default font completely for all
> syntactic elemetns. This would solve the problem that it is not possible to
> use a variable pitch font for the flowing text in org-mode while viewing
> embedded programming code in a fixed pitched font.

There is normally `org-default' for the "flowing text", as you call it.

So that one could be different from `default' used in code blocks, no?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban