Re: Builtin packages not detected/listed in Emacs trunk

From: steckerhalter
Subject: Re: Builtin packages not detected/listed in Emacs trunk
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 23:38:56 +0100

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 10:19 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> If you check list-packages you will also not find thingatpt in the list of
> builtins in 24.4 which cannot be correct, right?

Indeed, we don't list all the packages, since most of them have been
builtin since before ELPA even existed, so for an ELPA package to say
that it requires thingatpt is kind of pointless.

It maybe pointless. It's just that the behavior has been changed from 24.3 to 24.4

list-packages showed all package--builtins before. Now it only shows the ones with a version. And any package that has been requiring such an internal library will fail to install with the new Emacs version.

cheers
steckerhalter