Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r116878: Sync with upstream vhdl mode v3.35.1

From: Reto Zimmermann
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r116878: Sync with upstream vhdl mode v3.35.1
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 20:40:54 +0100

We generally prefer it if the code in Emacs is identical to the one you
distribute, even if it means keeping compatibility code around.

Okay. With the minor changes I'm making in vhdl-mode nowadays I don't care that much about compatibility anymore either.

IOW, feel free to send us patches that just fix backward compatibility
issues, and if you don't know how to combine the "new" and the "old"
code, we can probably help.

Alright. I will check out the code you come up with and let you know the things I don't like. In the past there were changes done in the Emacs version that I didn't like or didn't understand and therefore I didn't bother to keep my copy in sync. I will try harder now!

BTW, I was a heavy user of the (now deprecated) assoc package and didn't find a suitable replacement. So I just copied the relevant functions into vhdl-mode. If you have a better solution, let me know.

Reto