The html manual's blue gradient

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: The html manual's blue gradient
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 10:12:03 -0700

example page:
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Distrib.html#Distrib
screenshot under firefox/epiphany in case your using a terminal browser or
something
http://i.imgur.com/Il2XLX1.png

If I look at the whole page and ask myself "how's the gradient look?", I think
it's a little unusual but fine. But when I actually spend time reading, I keep
getting really annoyed by it. It's makes reading and skimming more difficult.
The
web just does not look like this normally, and it seems like it will be
strange/confusing/more difficult to read for a significant portion of people. I
think it should be changed.

Suggestions for improvement:
* Revert it. Make it like other gnu.org manuals.
* Any solid off-whitish background color (my preference).
* Use a gradient with much less contrast. example:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Web.

- Ian Kelling