Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 17:53:18 -0400

     > We have a list for such discussion: gnu-misc-discuss.
     > Please take it there, and stop raising it here.

    Excuse me for the correction, but I didn't raise it.  You did.

"It" means attacking the GNU Project's general positions, policies,
goals, etc.

    I made the point that there is a wide variety of packages and
    development organizations participating in GNU, many of which are
    otherwise independent of GNU, in the context of the question "isn't
    GNU inconsistent when Emacs requires assignments but many other GNU
    projects don't?"

Yes, you did -- as an argument against a GNU Project position.
Earlier I explained why the argument was invalid.  Now the point
is that such arguments do not belong on this list.

We have a list for that sort of discussion: gnu-misc-discuss.
Please take it there.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation