Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 16:50:35 +0300

> Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 15:26:52 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
>  > My line 9198 in configure is empty.  What's yours?  Sounds like
>  > PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG was not expanded by autoconf when it built
>  > configure from configure.ac?
>
> Apparently.
>
>  > PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG should be defined in share/aclocal/pkg.m4.  Please
>  > see that you have it there, and that your pkg.m4 file is intact.
>
> It is there and contains

The contents of this definition should end up in configure.  If they
don't, then something is broken in how autoconf is run.

Do you have another pkg.m4 somewhere?  Did your installation rely on
ACLOCAL_PATH being set (looks like it's no emptied when running
'aclocal').  Is your m4.exe an MSYS program or a MinGW program?  What
about automake and autoconf: are you using the packages from
ezwinports or from somewhere else?  Do you have a single MSYS tree and
a single MinGW tree with all the tools, or do you install each package
into its own directory (which might cause trouble when one package
needs to access files installed by another)?

These are just random questions.  The truth is I don't have the
slightest idea about what's wrong there, and cannot debug this over
email, sorry.