Re: [elpa] --exclude-vcs for multi-file archives?

From: Mario Lang
Subject: Re: [elpa] --exclude-vcs for multi-file archives?
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 22:28:42 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Mario Lang <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Where did you find a reference to this?
>>> It's an old deprecated way to build an archive.
>>
>> OK, was not aware that this method (albeit rather simple) is
>> deprecated.  I actually found it by skimming the GNUMakefile.
>
> If it isn't supported, it should be removed, right?  Exactly because
> people will use it upon discovering it.

"make archive-full", which is a variant of "make archive" is called from
admin/update-archive.sh.  My error was to "ignore" the preparation steps
done within that script, and manually call the make target which is
called from within that script after preparation.  Calling "make
archive" actually does a useful job for me, except for the missing
implicit extra excludes done by the update-archive.sh.

I guess I will keep things as they are, since "make archive" is
apparently not ment to be called directly.  That's not surprising, a
make target is not automatically public interface :-)

Thanks Stefan, for explaining the situation.  And sorry for the noise.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕