Re: bookmarks

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bookmarks
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 15:53:26 -0500

address@hidden (J. David Boyd) writes:

>> Hmm, unfortunately for me, I just tried this all again with
>> emacs -Q
>> rather than loading my init files, and the bookmarks look fine.
>>
>> So somewhere, I must have code that messes this up.   Surprising to me, as I
>> don't think I have anything that ever looks like code that would be involved
>> with bookmarks.
>>
>> Sorry for the false alarm.
>
>And it was caused by a file called bookmarks-search, written by
>ThierryVolpiattfo in 2009.  Maybe someday I'll dig into what the problem in
>that file is.

Oh!  I'm glad you found it -- I went through a bit of an illness (mostly
recovered now) and was finally going to dig into this.

But I'm surprised that bookmarks-search would be doing anything that
involves rewriting the bookmarks storage file... If you get a chance to
look into it, let us know.  bookmarks-search.el doesn't appear to be
part of the Emacs distribution; is there perhaps a newer version of it
available?

-K