Re: poll_for_input_1 undefined

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: poll_for_input_1 undefined
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 17:54:10 -0400

    > The makefile should update config.in before using it.

    It does.

    > And it should run configure before compiling the C sources,
    > if it is going to run configure at all.

    It does.

It didn't for me yesterday.

I don't have the output saved.  Next time I hope I will remember
to save it.

    If you can give a reproducible recipe showing how to get into the state
    that you did, things could be improved. But I imagine that even with
    a slow machine, it would be quicker and more efficient to just do a
    clean rebuild, rather than us all trying to figure it exactly what
    happened.

This is a bug and it should be fixed.
(I am not sure exactly what "a clean rebuild" means.
'make bootstrap'?  That takes ages.)

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation