Re: subr-x on older Emacsen

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: subr-x on older Emacsen
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 11:54:26 -0400

[ Bozhidar: the text/plain version of your email is hard to follow
  because the quoted text is indistinguishable from the text you wrote!  ]

> I’d like to use the new subr-x library in my Emacs Lisp projects, and I’m
> searching for advice on how to handle backwards compatibility.

Good question.

The best option I think is to turn subr-x.el into a GNU ELPA package and
to arrange for it to be bundled with the Emacs release tarball.

There's currently no mechanism to do that, tho.  And when we get that
working, there's the other issue of what to do with people building from
Bzr/Git rather than from the tarball.

        Stefan