Re: with-output-to-temp-buffer and help-mode

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: with-output-to-temp-buffer and help-mode
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 05:33:42 +0200

() Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
() Fri, 25 Jul 2014 21:39:39 -0400

   But no-one else seems to care (can't say I blame them
   from being put off this discussion).

FWIW, i agree that it's best to leave the old code alone
(if anything, deprecating it), and introduce rationalized
new code with a new name.

Doing so reduces pain for third-party (or even in-tree
but slow-to-update) client code, and thus reduces pain
(but can never eliminate it :-D) for Emacs maintainers.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502