"modern" doc viewer for info/html

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: "modern" doc viewer for info/html
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 00:53:07 +0100

Hi all

Here: http://gnudoc.ferrier.me.uk/

is something that (I think) Bob Chassell challenged me to do 10 years
ago. A "modern" HTML based viewer for info/html.

This is only the Emacs Lisp manual because I wanted to use the real,
online documents, rather than regenerating them and the GNU docs site is
sadly a bit of a mess appearing to have no standard url for accessing
docs.

But it could easily be extended to all the other GNU doc manuals.

This is only an experiment but I am pretty confident that a JS based app
could emulate info in the browser almost exactly, with only the search
command being a little tricky to handle.

Anyway, it's a curiosity.

Possibly the most curious thing is that the backend is written with
Elnode, my Emacs webserver:

https://github.com/nicferrier/gnudoc-js/blob/master/gnudoc.el

for those who are interested.

I'm not sure I'll take this any further but I did want to show some of
the possibilities and fulfil a long standing request.

Nic Ferrier