Re: "modern" doc viewer for info/html

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: "modern" doc viewer for info/html
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 11:34:04 +0200

First, thanks for your work Nic!

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Nic Ferrier <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden
>
>> Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 09:24:32 +0100
>>
>> > How is this different from using the HTML produced by makeinfo?
>>
>> I think it's clear that it's a different, more capable viewer for the
>> trade off of using JavaScript.
>
> Can you elaborate about the differences, feature- and
> functionality-wise?  Because all I see is HTML pages with hyperlinks,
> which is what you get with "makeinfo --html".  I'm sure I'm missing
> something, but what?

There is some more info here:

    https://github.com/nicferrier/gnudoc-js/

But I am still a bit puzzled about the exact purpose.  But it seems
the program is a "front-end" to the output of makeinfo --html.  Is
that correct?

Is the goal of the exercise to replicate the Info reader in the
browser?

Again thanks,
Rasmus

--
Hvor meget poesi tror De kommer ud af et glas isvand?