Re: "modern" doc viewer for info/html

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: "modern" doc viewer for info/html
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 15:24:53 +0300

> From: Nic Ferrier <address@hidden>
> Cc: Rasmus <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 12:12:05 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> There is some more info here:
> >>
> >>     https://github.com/nicferrier/gnudoc-js/
> >
> > Thanks, but I asked about features and functionality, not about the
> > implementation details.
>
> That's the main difference between info and this. Info is a finished
> product, this is just a demo of what could be done.

Sorry, I don't follow.

First, I wasn't talking about Info.  I was talking about the HTML
format that is produced from the Texinfo source.  I said I didn't see
the difference between browsing that and browsing your pages.

And second, I asked specifically about features and functionality that
the HTML files produced by "makeinfo --html", when browsed by a modern
Web browser, don't provide or support.

Let me put it another way: when you say "this is just a demo of what
could be done", what exactly does this demo demonstrate, apart of the
ability to produce HTML content?