Re: "modern" doc viewer for info/html

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: "modern" doc viewer for info/html
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 11:51:00 -0400

    Is the goal of the exercise to replicate the Info reader in the
    browser?

Yes, that is a useful thing to do.  If we replace the Info reader with
browsers, and Info files with HTML, that would make Texinfo
considerably more useful.  We could also extend the scope of possible
markup and effects.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation