Re: terminal getting garbled running 'emacs -nw'

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: terminal getting garbled running 'emacs -nw'
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 15:15:11 -0700

I suspect the problem happens when the cursor moves to the modeline. When you do the page-up and page-down, at some point you will notice the cursor on the mode line. After that, you will see the minibuffer height increase and the garbling starts.

To me, it appears like the count of lines/rows in the frame during the scrolling is off by 1. This has a domino effect on subsequent page up and down and ends up messing the modeline and the menubar.

Well, this is just a hypothesis based on observation.

-dhruva