Re: Git transition workflow

From: Michael Mattie
Subject: Re: Git transition workflow
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 03:44:05 -0700

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 01:09:13 +0400
Sergey Organov <address@hidden> wrote:

> "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Sergey Organov writes:
> >
> >  > 1. CVS in fact does the rebase
> >
> > Great!  Plenty of git fans without a clue about what "workflow"
> > means, who are perfectly qualified to advocate making the same
> > mistakes I did in the CVS to Bazaar transition!
>
> I'm sorry, I probably was just lucky to switch from cvs right to git
> instead, avoiding the main mistake you made (or was forced to make)
> altogether, though I did consider bzr at some point.

Just a quick thought from the peanut gallery. It might really help
to create some git aliases based on the Emacs developers workflows
and some basic git usage.

a setup could create a local branch for the dev. a merge would
merge local branch to master etc...

The full git usage involves alot of options and commands and
the chatter from getting a basic workflow straightened out,
and cut & pasted into various places can be avoided largely.

Mike M