Re: Gnulib ACL wrappers

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: Gnulib ACL wrappers
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 13:51:06 -0400

On 8/27/2014 1:32 PM, Paul Eggert wrote:
Ken Brown wrote:
Although Cygwin has Solaris ACL functions, emacs doesn't use these in
fileio.c.  Shouldn't the Gnulib ACL wrappers provide support for these?
Or is there something needed in Cygwin to make this work?

Sorry, I don't know, as I don't use Cygwin.  However, if the Cygwin ACL
functions are compatible with Solaris's, it should be easy to modify the
Gnulib code to use them on Cygwin too.

I think I asked the wrong question. It's clear from looking at the Gnulib sources that Gnulib supports Solaris ACL functions on Cygwin. But emacs doesn't use these functions. AFAICT, fileio.c only uses ACL functions on systems that have POSIX ACL functions. So the Gnulib code doesn't help. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Ken