RE: feature request: text property to prevent font-locking

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: feature request: text property to prevent font-locking
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 09:11:31 -0700 (PDT)

> With the patch I sent (bug #18367), font-lock no longer prevents
> you from using `M-o o' etc.  (If the patch is accepted then that
> message ["Font-lock mode will override any faces you set in this
> buffer"] should of course be removed.)

That statement is not clear; sorry.  The patch I sent is only
for font-lock.el.  It makes it possible to allow facemenu.el
to protect its highlighting from font-locking.  It does not, by
itself, protect facemenu highlighting.

For that, another patch is needed, which I will be glad to send
if this feature is accepted.  If you want to try it now to see,
just load file facemenu+.el, in addition to file font-lock+.el.

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-en/download/facemenu%2b.el
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-en/download/font-lock%2b.el