Re: os x selection stuff broken

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: os x selection stuff broken
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 21:08:30 -0400

On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 02:16:09 +0200 Angelo Graziosi
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > Sometime in the last week or two on head, the code to copy and
> > paste to the clipboard (or whatever the global cut/copy/paste
> > thing in OS X actually is called) broke badly, or changed in some
> > undocumented fashion. (For example, ns-store-selection-internal
> > is now unbound.) Has anyone been fiddling with it?
>
> Maybe it is the same thing described in bug #18816. Se the thread
>
>    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2014-10/msg01068.html

Yes, but you may not have noticed that yanks are also broken.

I believe this changelog entry may be relevant:

2014-10-21  Stefan Monnier  <address@hidden>

        * nsselect.m (ns_get_local_selection): Signal error rather
          than `quit'. (Fns_own_selection_internal): Tighten scoping.
        (Fns_selection_exists_p): Rename from Fx_selection_exists_p.
        (Fns_get_selection): Rename from Fx_get_selection_internal.
        (Fns_get_selection_internal, Fns_store_selection_internal):
        Remove functions.
        (syms_of_nsselect): Adjust accordingly.

Perry
--