news:gnu.emacs.*

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: news:gnu.emacs.*
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 11:12:18 +0000

 >>> I do read all gnu-emacs MLs via Gmane, which allows me to reply w/o
 >>> such problems.  Maybe you give it a try.

 >> Incidentally, this is what I’ve just suggested.  Still, I’d rather
 >> appreciate if someone could take care of actually fixing the email
 >> to Usenet gateway for these mailing lists.

 > It's impossible.  The reasons why have been explained in the past.
 > Please just let gnu.emacs.bug the newsgroup die.  Pretty please.

 > (I know your concern is message-ids, I have other ones.)

        FTR, – the Message-Id:s are broken not just for
        news:gnu.emacs.bug alone, – news:gnu.emacs.help shows exactly
        the same issue (see, e. g., the example I’ve posted earlier
        [1]), and presumably the same applies all across the gnu.emacs.*
        groups (or perhaps even all the gnu.* ones.)

        Naturally, the gmane.emacs.* groups do /not/ exhibit this issue,
        so it’s certainly not something inherently impossible to fix.

        If the issue with news:gnu.emacs.bug is specifically its
        (lack of) integration with the BTS, – it should still be
        possible to deduce the bug report to add the incoming articles
        to (or the address to forward to) based on either References:,
        In-Reply-To:, or (perhaps preferably) the Subject: field.

        (The latter is, incidentally, how some other bug trackers –
        like, say, RT – behave.)

[1] news:address@hidden

--
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A